Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2018 X3M40i, 765RS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEfan508 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C89 View Post

Here's an excellent video on exactly how to disconnect the battery and install the buttons, from start to finish.
Looks simple for (someone) handy but I know my limits, I'm like spongebob, fine dining and breathing, for me it's roofs and breathing, good @ nothing else...

Seriously, whatever I try I mess it up

Ceramic coat wheels. lol
Oil change @ home. towed to dealer
Mounting winter wheel set. Hand still hurts

Not knowing your limitations. Overestimating your ability to complete a project is just as dangerous as having too little confidence in your abilities. ...

I'm being honest, I'm jealous of all everyone's DYI projects

Thanks for the video link but I'm still going to let a shop do it for me, they also have a great recon dept
I did this mod yesterday, it honestly was pretty straightforward.
Removing the airbag was comical. It was more work to lift the trunk liner to disconnect the battery.

I was a little nervous trying to depress the springs but once you feel the push back, the airbag almost falls out.
After that, one nut and you can carry the wheel inside where it's easier to keep track of screws.

There are a few small screws you'd have to remove, some awesome ways to manage that are to make a diagram on a piece of paper of the wheel and place the removed screws where you took them out.
You also can use a piece of tape turned over so the screws stick to them.

I attempted 5 mods this weekend on 2 cars and only accomplished 3. It sucks, but each time you learn a bit more.
Appreciate 0