FrozenB7
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpina B7

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
I got DCT. All of my previous 9 cars bar were manual bar one (I don't really like autos).

As long as you realise this is nothing like an automatic and change the gears yourself other than when stuck in traffic then it is just bloody fantastic. I feel that it suits the car a lot better than the weird hybrid manual thing that BMW sells these days.

There is a short learning curve with it, but once you get used to it it's sensational. It's also the last ever DCT BMW will have, so it's a good opportunity to get something that marks the end of an era.
It's an automatic. Years from now when everything is an EV, people will long for the learning curve that clutch pedals give to sports cars. Even if manual cars today are hardly manual, I'd rather own the end of the manual era than the end of the dual clutch automatic era.

I couldn't go without at least one manual in my life. Unless I were being paid handsomely for setting lap times, there is no way on earth I'd spec a 'drivers car' with 2 pedals.

I get big cars losing manuals (although my B7 would be fu**ing awesome with a stick)...but don't do it man; don't buy an automatic M2 lol.