12-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #108
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

A plea to ‘M Power Belgium’ and ‘M5theonlyone’

I would like to appeal to the two of you to please consider something:

For many, many years and certainly long before you both started posting to this sub-forum, the members have had a robust, but collegial discussion on all things F1. Yes, we’ve poked fun at each other at times, and of course we’ve all had our favourites when expressing ourselves; that’s what you do on an Internet forum after all.

But the two of you, with your slavish fanaticism towards all things Max Verstappen, is frankly, IMHO, ruining most of the threads.

Members can no longer have a serious discussion on the merits of one driver; team; strategy, etc. anymore because to the two of you Max can never do anything wrong. When his race is ruined by an obvious personal mistake, you both refuse to accept the fact that it wasn’t someone else’s fault. When Max isn’t on the top step, or any step of the podium, it’s an FIA; Race Steward, etc. conspiracy that kept him from winning. When Mercedes, (like Williams; McClaren; Ferrari and Red Bull in the past), are the dominant team simply because they have innovated better; worked harder; have the best talent, etc., you cry wolf as if that hasn’t always been the way of F1 for over three decades now, because Max isn’t a member of the team.

In other words, neither of you are being in any way, shape or form objective about the state of the sport simply because your favourite driver isn’t dominant. If in a couple of years Red Bull get their act together, and Max becomes F1’s most consistent, (something he desperately lacks currently), and dominant driver, neither of you will acknowledge all of the arguments about why that is ‘bad for the sport’, that you espouse today.

What am I asking?: please do not hijack/ruin every F1 thread by turning it into a ‘Max Verstappen is the best F1 driver ever discussion, and why there is a conspiracy against him being able to demonstrate his greatness’. It is ruining the whole F1 discussion in this sub-forum, and is extremely selfish. Please think about creating a dedicated Max thread where you can both post everything about Max that you’d like, and let’s not have every other thread morph into one about MV.

You can both tell me to go and fuck off; frankly I wouldn’t blame you for doing so, but these discussions are so much more enjoyable and informative when each and every post doesn’t become simply about one person.

Bish
Appreciate 5
mk1-fan583.00
wdb4695.50
yco5722.50