jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKthePM View Post
Most Chinese are filthy rich, at least here in Australia. I remember from 2 years ago, when I was haggling with my sales rep on the price of my car (2017 440i) and he was almost about to tell me to find another dealer. lol.

Just about then, 2 Chinese kids rock up, they were barely 20. Looks at the BMW M3 Comp on the floor right next to us (~$180k AUD). A Chinese rep comes over to them running from out of nowhere. Of course, those 2 kids can't speak a word in English.
The sales rep and the kid talk for about two minutes. The kid opens his messenger bag, hands the rep cash. Yes, cash worth $180k.
I was spell bound. the Chinese sales rep comes over to the rep I am talking with, asks him, if the car is available and can be made for delivery by end of day as it's that kid's birthday or he will be finding another dealer.

I stopped haggling any further and got on with the rest of the process to get my car.
Well Chinese monies u see? But 180K is still cheap to him. At least compared to mainland China. An M4 with individual color combo will be AUD 258k in my country.