M2_SkyBlue
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDubBlue View Post
Lmao have you ever shifted a gear before? There's no magical lockout, up/down weight changes. I put my stick in the wrong hole man
Dunno man. Looking at your video it seems like if you slowed down and didn't Vin Diesel the shift lever you wouldn't have money shifted like someone who just got their first manual. (BTW I apologize if this WAS your first manual)

These kinds of mistakes don't happen when people are smoothly shifting with only the effort required to engage a gear, which is pretty low. Instead, it always happens to people who smash the gear lever like it's an SMG.

If you drive properly; smooth, controlled, you'll be faster in the end and avoid a money shift.

In the end I doubt disengaging would have saved you because the electronics in the revmatch probably already blasted the motor into overrev or something.
I definitely don't smash gears constantly. I had just gotten out of a very long construction zone, was only 30 mins away from picking a new set of wheels for Bimmerfest Europe, and drove patiently up to the unrestricted section on the Autobahn.

As it was obviously being recorded, I was trying to just get a good hard pull after getting a nice clear road ahead of me. Just a bad (and excited) shift from 3rd, 4th and unfortunately back to 3rd instead of 5th and 6. Definitely not trying to downshift at a high RPM.

Was Stage 2 tune from Bootmod3 and running a JB4 for a boost controller, as it was nearly undrivable before I adjusted the boost to a progressive setting.

Below's a video of what my engine looked like after.. lol
Appreciate 4
cptobvious2531.50
smknjoe234.00
ND40oz396.50