View Single Post
      11-17-2019, 04:47 AM   #157
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Average driver vs a poor driver(Lambo)
Shaking the steering wheel. Guy really doesn't feel confident with the car....
But anyway he did it. Kudos.
Come on Robin_NL, the GT4 driver noted that it was the first drive with his GT4 at The Ring. Not his first time at The Ring, but the first time with his brand new car. 07:58 Bridge to Gantry is no rookie time, considering also a Lambo driver (no manual gearbox) in front of him who didn't let him pass (manual gearbox and hundreds of hp less). Understandably the driver did not want to total his brand new car. And not everyone can drive like Stefan Bellof or Timo Bernhard when taking a new car for the first time over The Ring.

Also the video from the Ring Taxi behind the GT4 + comments by the Ring Taxi driver give a better perspective of the drive.
"Published on 3 Apr 2016
Me trying to keep up with a cool Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV in my brand new Porsche 981 Cayman GT4.
My laptime was 7:58" BTG. There were a couple of time where I could have passed him but I chose not to take any risks and keep him in front of me.
I was so excited that I forgot to put on my right glove!
Dale Lomas from BridgeToGantry.com was just behind me the whole time while driving the BMW Ring Taxi.
Be sure to check out the footage from him driving behind me!

This sure was a once in a lifetime experience!
It was my first time at the ring with my new brand new Cayman GT4.
What a machine!
My Cayman GT4 is 100% stock with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres."
A way more spirited lap with no-one around (Timo Bernhard):
smknjoe234.00