United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I said up to 20%.

The fact is there is big discounts to be had, depending on your sales pitch. The most I was able to negotiate was 11% off, hence my $55,000 quote.

Cars sell and are discounted by the market demand; if the cars are in regular production and demand, the dealer would be more willing to discount to move them.

As far as the M2 CS, it's artificially limited to increase the value, so the prices will remain inflated, until they're discontinued.

The more a car is produced, the more you can bet it depreciates.

I saw this just a few years ago when BMW first introduced the i8, they essentially had the plan to keep it to limited numbers and make it a halo car. This would at least hold the value of the car, even if the performance was lacking.

However BMW changed their minds for whatever reason and now decided to make a lot more. So people who spent $150k for one can look at a resale value of around $80k.
Glad you were able to get 11% off, can't speak to individual experiences. I bought over a year ago and it was MSRP for me, which for my region was pretty much the lowest you can go. Even now, most dealerships here have an ADM on the car. No idea if those are moving off dealers floors though at that price.

However, BMW isn't going to build M2Cs at a rate where they are going to need to drastically reduce the price to get it to move. Certainly not to the tune of 20%. Could a person get that much off? I don't know, maybe. It certainly won't be common. They are simply going to slow production to meet forecast. This is especially true since the same factory that makes the 2 series makes a bunch of other vehicles. They'll just produce more of whatever is in demand at the time. Long story short, if the market demand falls, so will production.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the the vehicle because I'm sure when the demand was high, it sold for above sticker, all new models usually do. But as the demand subsides, the discounts increases in an attempt to push them out.

There are discounts and holdbacks the dealer are allotted by the manufacture to move slow units that can be substantial.

That's all dependent on the demand of the product and has absolutely nothing to do with the actual value or performance of such vehicle.

Couldn't find the numbers on the M2C but I'm pretty sure it's roughy the same as the chart below:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
pz6193277.00