United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokki View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I said up to 20%.

The fact is there is big discounts to be had, depending on your sales pitch. The most I was able to negotiate was 11% off, hence my $55,000 quote.

Cars sell and are discounted by the market demand; if the cars are in regular production and demand, the dealer would be more willing to discount to move them.

As far as the M2 CS, it's artificially limited to increase the value, so the prices will remain inflated, until they're discontinued.

The more a car is produced, the more you can bet it depreciates.

I saw this just a few years ago when BMW first introduced the i8, they essentially had the plan to keep it to limited numbers and make it a halo car. This would at least hold the value of the car, even if the performance was lacking. However BMW changed their minds for whatever reason and now decided to make a lot more. So people who spent $150k for one can look at a resale value of around $80k.
You can't just drop "up to" and then add whatever number you like at the end of it. You might as well say up to 100% off and with your logic you'd still be right. There are no M2C's going for anywhere near 20% off new MSRP.
Whatever makes you sleep better at night, bro..

But if we're speaking in reality, you can cop the same discount you can M2C, just as you would on any other mass-produced BMW.

If you want to drink the M KoolAid and believe otherwise, then go ahead and pay full retail. I'm sure they'll throw in a free keychain for your generosity
Appreciate 0