tokki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I said up to 20%.

The fact is there is big discounts to be had, depending on your sales pitch. The most I was able to negotiate was 11% off, hence my $55,000 quote.

Cars sell and are discounted by the market demand; if the cars are in regular production and demand, the dealer would be more willing to discount to move them.

As far as the M2 CS, it's artificially limited to increase the value, so the prices will remain inflated, until they're discontinued.

The more a car is produced, the more you can bet it depreciates.

I saw this just a few years ago when BMW first introduced the i8, they essentially had the plan to keep it to limited numbers and make it a halo car. This would at least hold the value of the car, even if the performance was lacking. However BMW changed their minds for whatever reason and now decided to make a lot more. So people who spent $150k for one can look at a resale value of around $80k.
You can't just drop "up to" and then add whatever number you like at the end of it. You might as well say up to 100% off and with your logic you'd still be right. There are no M2C's going for anywhere near 20% off new MSRP.
Appreciate 3
Thescout134944.00
pz6193278.50
Luongo134.00