Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh600cbr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilIu4 View Post
wondering what would it take to code VLD on my LCI

I already have bimmercode and hesitant to go about coding with e-sys.
VLD with bimmercode:

Front Electronic Module > Expert Mode >

3073 LaMaster1 > LUT_FLC_FORWARDLIGHTING_Y > 9C,9C,9C (Both)

3073 LaMaster1 > C_AFS_ENA > Enable (Both)

Note: You'll see two check marks. If you tap the top one, the bottom one will go away. Make your selection. Back out. Go back in. Both correct selections should have the blue check mark next to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perp View Post
I'm guessing you need adaptive option to get VLD working?
yes
Thanks for this. How will I know it worked?
Set the lights to auto in your garage or facing a wall when it's dark out. Turn the car on and then pull the high beam lever. You'll see the drivers side beam move left to right every time you switch from low to high.
Thanks ill try it tonight. That said, it works with the High beam off yeah? Like the VlD only works with low beam and moves based on the steering wheel?
Variable Light Distribution has several different modes of operation (for Low Beam):

1 - City Light: Shallow and Very Wide Beam Pattern active from 0 - 50kph (30MPH) (Both Headlamps are Panned outwards 12 horizontal from center and 0.7 lowered vertically)

2 - Standard Light: Same Basic Beam Pattern as with 8S4 Enabled and Headlamp Switch Set to Auto. Active from 50 - 110kph (30MPH - 68MPH)

3 - Guiding Fog Light - Shallow and Wider Beam Pattern Enabled with the Front Fog Lamps On and Headlamp Switch in Auto and Speed 0 - 110kph (Both headlamps are panned outwards 8 horizontal from center and lowered 0.7 vertically)

4 - Highway Light - Long Throw Pattern illuminating approx. 25% further than Standard Light. Active from 110 to 250kph (68MPH- 155MHP). (Driver's Side Headlamp is panned 3.5 outwards Horizontal from center and lowered 0.25 vertically, while the passenger side headlamp is raised 0.2 vertical)

It only works on your low beams to move your headlights and position the beams on the road depending on steering angle and vehicle speed.

Anyone who also wants lower the speed for which No. 4 (Highway light) activates to 50mph:

FEM> 3073 > C_AFS_E_V_LO > Custom (0X50)

The default is "6E" which equals = 110KLM or 68MPH.

Coding "50" lowers the speed activation to 80KLM or 49.7MPH. Which I find more suitable.

Worked for me, good luck.
Appreciate 4
Dirtboy197.00
ZPrime610.50
Bosozoku693.50
AndrewC198910903.50