01-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilIu4 View Post
Hi Nezil,
I've been following your post regarding your coding with E-sys for VLD and NGHB. I will be taking my delivery of LCI soon in they bay area, and was wondering what would it take to code VLD on my LCI as this is one of feature that I always wanted from Euro and hated the fact that it gets coded off in US.

I'm not engineer/coder like yourself so what would be the simplest way of coding this. I already have bimmercode and hesitant to go about coding with e-sys.

For a second I thought you were up in mount hamilton but it seem you are south SF somewhere.
I'm not a coder, but I suppose I am an engineer.

As I've said in the past, I had a terrible experience with BimmerCode, and now that I understand more about how it works, would not use it myself, and would also not recommend it to others. I'm not the only person that ended up needing to get dealer help to get their car going again after using BimmerCode.

I'd actually say that if you're not an engineer / coder, BimmerCode is even more dangerous to use, because if things go wrong, you'll really be in trouble, whereas with E-Sys, the community would help you out, and you'd have the tools to fix it.

With BimmerCode, you don't have any tools to fix issues, and you're reliant on the lone developer to try and help you, which in many cases, he can't - his advice to me by email was to head to the dealer because there was nothing he could do, even though he acknowledged that using BimmerCode caused the issue.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0