View Single Post
      08-29-2022, 01:16 PM   #42
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Hey ZM2 !

Quote:
First, could you please confirm if these are the OE-like injectors (EU6) for our M2? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-13647639994kt
Yes.

Quote:
And, if we wanted to switch to EU5 for more flow, this is the correct version? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ch-13647599876 I see there are several EU5 options out there.
Yes. Don't forget to get new decoupling elements. Also these will need a recode on ISTA and an updated tune.

Quote:
wondered if from your testing you found a whp & Emix line that clearly showed it was time to use a different injector?
WHP numbers referenced below are in STD (2% higher than SAE):

On my EFR 7670 and upgraded manifold, I tapped out the Dorch Stage 2 at 550whp on E40 with a tiny bit more headroom on stock injectors while running a fairly rich tune.

On full E85 I imagine potential WHP decreases to 440-460whp (Think WHP curve as an upside parabola (X-axis being E% and Y-Axis being WHP with the peak being at E40). Maybe cookiesowns can chime in here.

The clear line for me was wanting a trackable car with 510whp on full E85. If you want this, you're going to need to an upgraded LPFP, Dorch Stage 2, and upgraded injectors for fueling. If you want more, you'll need a Dorch Stage 1 or 2 with the lift kit upgrade.

Quote:
Another reason I'm bringing all this up is my car runs strong but has been developing a worse and worse idle over the last year, and now it's bad enough the car can die and codes don't point to anything specific, just random misfire when idling (no misfire at WOT). We're changing plugs (NGK @ 0.027" is what I've been running and is going back in) to see if that clears it up, but I also picked up the Bend Calibration fuel filter setup in case what we're experiencing is clogged injectors from extended E85 use & no line filter.
How often do you cycle in full pump gas? Random misfires at idle lead me to believe that it's a plug issue or your injectors are going out and may need servicing.
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50