Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Just ordered a set of Cobra Nogaro seats, definitely the best option for street driven cars that see track use imo. I've had plenty of experience with top shelf seats & the Nogaros are very rare in that they offer the best of both worlds. Cobra will also tailor make them however you want. Mine when they arrive will be very oem looking as I intend on keeping my rear seat & full interior. Ive ordered BMW full leather, BMW polar blue stitching & am using my oem electric slides, optional also are seat heaters, lumbar adjust, Carbon construction, different thickness cushioning, painted backs etc. All other aftermarket seats will need to be retrimmed after you buy them if you want a true oem look which obviously is more expense. The Nogaros are also compatible with 5/6 point harness use. Nogaro seats are also the only aftermarket seat approved for use with the Schroth QuickFit Pro belts which i intend using as I need to use my HANS device & I don't want a cage or harness bar.

My Megane RS275R (pictured) came with factory fitted Recaro Pole Position seats & whilst they are fantastic on track they aren't as street use friendly as the Nogaro due to the hip belt slots in the seats.
My Clio RS200 (pictured) & my Mini JCW (pictured) both came with factory fitted Recaro cs Sportster seats & whilst being fantastic for street use they aren't as good for track use due to not being fixed backs thus collapsible with a harness therefore not approved in some levels of competition.
I have fitted Cobra Evolutions in my tarmac rally car (pictured), which are obviously top shelf race seats but virtually unusable on road stretches between stages.

Unlike the M2C or M2CS seats which are really only for street use, the new Carbon seats being fitted to the G8X M3 & M4 fall into the same bracket as the Recaro cs Sportster in that they will be great for street use & occasional track use but you won't be able to use them in certain classes/levels of competition due to being 2 piece seats. Also no 2 piece seat will ever be as light or rigid as a 1 piece seat.

It all really depends what you intend to do with your car. Imo the best options on the market are Cobra Nogaro & Recaro Pole position if you want a 1 piece, or the Recaro cs Sportster & new BMW Carbon seat if you want a 2 piece.

If you look at how the manufacturers fit oem fixed back seats to serious performance cars such as the BMW M3 CSL & M4 GTS, plus Porsche GT cars & Renault RS cars you'll understand the best way to go about it & the best seats to use.
Attached Images

Last edited by TargaM2; 12-18-2020 at 02:48 AM..
Appreciate 1