Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Thank you sir! I would ask for M2C development

Why did they remove all the sound deadening, particularly above the rear arches?

Why did they use a front calliper with a fixed bridge in the US? It's difficult to change pads for track work

Why did they fit a solid back seat with no adjustable headrest? This means we can't run a Schroth Quick Fit Pro for the track.

Why is rev matching not an option in M drive or a button? The time I actually really want rev match is full DSC off on track.

Why did they use progressive rear springs?

Why didn't they make the cloth seats an option?

The M2C could of been an absolute slam dunk with a few non costly changes. Still love it though!
Question 1: No clue they did... That is not different between M2C and M2 CS I believe.

Question 2: They used what they had available from the M3 and M4 I think. Not sure why they opted for if it is different with the M3/M4. It could be a thing of cost level.

Question 3: Cost! Same seats as in BMW M3 / M4. CS models never come with seats that offer holes for harnesses. Only GTS will! CSL models won't either, because there is no cage.

Question 4: Old discussion, cleared years ago with the M2. It was an internal choice that was made. Porsche solution is better, but they simply choose differently. God knows why.

Question 5: No idea! I could ask when I see them again.

Question 6: Cost level! Existing seats are fine as it is. Want it do differently, get them reupholstered. BMW never offers two types of material for the seats. Nothing new.

No costly changes don't exist in a full production and homologation cycle. Any chance costs money and loads of it. It requires time to be discussed, implemented, produced, support bulletins written, parts system updated, etc, etc, etc, etc.

MR

Last edited by MR.; 06-21-2020 at 06:39 AM..
Appreciate 0