07-06-2019, 11:12 AM   #9
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Work in insurance in NY.

Claim would be through collision not comp, almost certainly. Comp can be explained as anything that's not a collision with the exception of animals and a *moving object* on the road so a flying tire or piece falling off a car, if you hit a non moving object in the road it's collision.

Quite a few insurance companies do not report accident damage particularly if it's a low amount. The Police report is by far the most common way it makes it to the Carfax. I wouldn't file a police report.

With where it is on the bumper a decent shop should be able to keep the base coat far enough away that blending isn't required and then they would do full clear on the bumper (won't effect color match)

As stated touch-up paint isn't a great solution it will reduce appearance but you definitely will still be able to see it and as stated it wont come out even with the rest of the paint.

Personally I would pay out of pocket, without blending you should be able to get it fixed for 400-500 maybe 600 for a higher end shop.

Good luck.
You're right, it's collision. I was confusing it with something else.
Appreciate 0