View Single Post
      07-05-2019, 09:50 PM   #2
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

1. Is this salvageable with some polishing and touch up paint?

Do you mean the nail polish type touch-up paint? In my experience, touch-up paint is bad. It's always bumpy and uneven. It also neglects adding a clear coat over the paint. Yours would have to be resprayed. It doesn't seem to me it would need to be blended into the trunk or quarter panels though. Due to the right angle where the bumper bends into the trunk. That angle reflects light different as is, so it's kinda a cut-off point for blending.

2. I have under-insured motorist coverage, so my policy should cover this with a $300 deductible (Located in WA). Is it worth reporting to insurance? Will this show up on a vehicle history report?

Get an estimate and see if it's worth trying to get insurance to cover it. In my state, Pennsylvania, uninsured/underinsured motorist only covers medical bills though. It's comprehensive that would cover a hit and run. As for it showing up on the vehicle's history report, I don't know. Someone hit me in Sept 2018, costing over $20k in damages, and that's not in my car's history.

3. I have read conflicting articles/posts that you need to file a police report in order to collect under-insured motorist. Anyone have experience with this?

I don't see a negative in filing a police report. Better safe than sorry. I did have insurance trouble 5 years ago because I didn't get a police report, but I don't remember exactly why it was an issue. A driver pulled out of a parking garage and t-boned my car. Cop was around the corner and stopped to see everything was okay. Driver and I exchanged insurance information, and the cop said a police report wasn't needed. So I didn't ask him to make one. And I remember their was a problem with their insurance not wanting to pay because I didn't have a report. I think the driver wasn't answering their insurance's phone calls, so their insurance company didn't believe they hit me since there was no report. I ended up taking them to court and winning. But I'm not sure that situation is relevant to you since you don't know who hit you and would be claiming on your own policy.
Appreciate 1
EstorilM367.00