View Single Post
      08-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #10
BOhio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstypicals View Post
Thinking about purchasing a used M2. Came across this. Seemed like a good deal, but would like another opinion..

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6869/overview/

I'll see if I can get it lower.
1) Check KBB.com and Edmunds.com for their interpretation of market value.

2) Check the CarFax.

3) Go see the car in person.

4) If it has any flaws, e.g. curbed wheels, paint chips, smoky smelling interior (deal breaker for me, regardless if they include the pine tree air freshener hanging from the mirror), or non-original glass, then factor that into your buying decision. Curb (kerb?) rash and paint chips are easily repaired, and most dealers have a service come in to do such things. (Insist on that as part of the deal, if it needs such work...)

5) Like the other poster said, get the dealer to CPO it (if it isn't). This will extend the warranty, time-wise and mileage, but time is the key with a 2016 model that could be nearly 3 years old since it was put in service from new.

6) Shop the Classifieds on this forum. Compare.

7) Find out how much of the purchase can be put on a credit card, if you collect points like some of us.

8) Don't let the dealer jerk you around with pitches for undercoating, paint protection, extended warranty (get the CPO and call it good), etc. Your time is valuable, so try to deal with their Internet Manager first, and get the deal done as much as possible before you step foot on their lot and the buzzards come circling. (California Condors where you are, mebbe!).

Good luck!
Appreciate 0