View Single Post
      06-12-2017, 02:02 AM   #74
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
But I am. I still think the tech isn't mature yet for many applications. I have deep doubts about the 3 being able to deliver the sales it needs to in order to make the company a success, and I feel the stock price is way overboard based on speculation and emotion. I put that quote in there showing that the company bet big that they would have the political backing of the government to aide their accent. Now they lost that. Musk backed out of advising Trump when he left the Paris Accord which Trump no doubt will take as a slight. I would be more surprised to see the 3 deliver on all its promises on time than I would to see Trump revoke the subsidies that make ev so attractive. Way more impediments were just put in place for its success. Trump's focus on ramping up fossil fuels is another. Ev looses a lot of attractiveness to the everyday buyer when gas is cheap. The average consumer will more often go with what's familiar if there's no economic reason to change. The economics of ev are shifting away from them leaving two much smaller groups who want the car. Environmentalist and gadget freaks. Those groups alone won't generate enough business to produce the necessary sales needed to meet the expectations of the stock.
Well I would be disappointed if you don't have a short position on Tesla then since you feel you can see Tesla's future so clearly.
Appreciate 0