Thread: Ecutek
View Single Post
      06-05-2021, 11:32 PM   #17
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Below contains my experiences and opinions that I've formed from them:

ECUTek all the way if you're running a custom set-up. They're working towards certain end-user quality of life improvements, but at the start of the build I was thinking: "What good is usability for me if my tuner isn't given the best tool to work off of?"

For me on my stage 3 set-up all I wanted out of it was a great running set-up. Find any other Speedtech set-up on the forums or social media and I can guarantee you they're all dealing with misfires, driveability, or other tuning issues.

If your goal is to dial in the hardware, then the tune should naturally be your number one priority to get right and all you can do as a user is to try and pick the best tuner using the best tool.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the most convenient experience to always have my laptop on hand to flash new revisions, but in the end it was worth it. I have had map switching, flex fuel, rolling anti lag, torque by gear, burble adjustment, etc for months now and haven't really found a need for any of the other knick knacks that the other platforms have to offer. Now that other platforms are catching up, I trust that ECUTek has projects in their pipeline that will continue to push the envelope for the platform just as they've always done.

For me as a person that wants a great driving car with little issues, ECUTek paired with BendCalibration has never done me wrong on my custom set-up.
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 0