View Single Post
      04-17-2019, 08:52 PM   #7
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDirtyCoaks View Post
The grip may be compelling but I am stock and a relatively shit driver so the pros of the narrower tires way overweight the alternative. Also, I wont be running dedicated track tires/wheels and I live in the city where it rains nearly every day from mid October to the end of March so even though I'll be swapping out of the cups into winter rubber I have to be mindful of more pedestrian considerations then just laptimes.

Also where I live and spend most of my time is intensely urban so I often have to park by a curb or come across shitty roads that regularly scrape my rims. That's why I wanted the 265s the extra rubber and less of the stretch will help protect my rims.

I came up in the late 90s early 00s so I absolutely hate the stretched look and less wheel gap is always favorable.

I have to check out the next M4 I see to see what the stretch on the front looks like, I don't think there is any.
Based on what you’re saying, you’re probably fine with 265 up front. You might get some rub over speed bumps, but it would only be for an instant.

The turn in feel won’t be as good as a 255 on a 9” wheel, but you’ll get less stretch and the more curb protection you’re looking for in the city.

I just ordered a new PS4S set bc my rears are toast, but my front 265s have 1/3 life left. I’ll swing you a deal if you want to try them, but shipping to BC may not be pretty.
Appreciate 0