04-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #6
OldDirtyCoaks
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Just learning thru trial and error...

Also, I do use 30 series tires for the track, but 35 for the street. Here’s my pros/cons list bn 255/285/35 vs 265/295 or 305 for the street:

255/285/35 - Quieter, more comfortable, better wet grip, better acceleration (longer contact patch), better looks (less fender gap), better curb protection

265/295 or 305/30 - Better lateral grip (wider contact patch)

What do you guys think?
The grip may be compelling but I am stock and a relatively shit driver so the pros of the narrower tires way overweight the alternative. Also, I wont be running dedicated track tires/wheels and I live in the city where it rains nearly every day from mid October to the end of March so even though I'll be swapping out of the cups into winter rubber I have to be mindful of more pedestrian considerations then just laptimes.

Also where I live and spend most of my time is intensely urban so I often have to park by a curb or come across shitty roads that regularly scrape my rims. That's why I wanted the 265s the extra rubber and less of the stretch will help protect my rims.

I came up in the late 90s early 00s so I absolutely hate the stretched look and less wheel gap is always favorable.

I have to check out the next M4 I see to see what the stretch on the front looks like, I don't think there is any.
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50