Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
I don't think I paid anything and we've had the car for over a month. Are they now charging for Apple CarPlay!
I am in Australia, I think you are in the US...but this from BMW below. At least wont miss it.

"BMW Australia is set to follow its North American cousins by charging an annual subscription fee for Apple CarPlay in new cars.
Available as an option in most new BMWs, the popular system serves as an extension of Apple smartphones allowing users to access contacts, music, mapping and other key services on the road"

BMW customers shopping for a new X3 luxury SUV currently pay either AUD$429 or AUD$623 for a three-year Apple CarPlay subscription, depending on whether their car is subject to luxury car tax.
But the company will soon drop that in favour of an annual charge of about AUD$150.
Unbelievable. Why would they do that. This makes me mad. It's just uncalled for. I personally don't use and don't care for it but my son and daughter use theirs all the time. Is this Apple or BMW doing this?
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0