M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Lol

Lightweight carbon roof in carbon fiber. Package includes car roof in carbon fiber. In addition new windscreen and rear window are required and needs to be ordered seperately. Roof is redesigned. Approx -5kg

time est
12.5 h
(incl windscreens) only in conjunction with windscreenand rear window. Fits also to F22 and F87
OUCH.
So.. essentially.. the best time to do this is as an upgrade when your car is destroyed by either hail that's so bad it shatters the glass.. or perhaps after you have rolled your vehicle..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
In talking with my dealer and some of the guys in the shop, they're flat terrified about the idea of cutting the roof on a new car and fitting it with the carbon. I checked my local body shop that does the best work in the state and he just laughed. Said don't call him for that mod.
One will need to find a specialty shop or a RACE shop to do this. Many many repairers will blanch at replacing a roof...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
It is not difficult to do this. Just a lot of time. IND does it in less time. No reason to replace the glass unless it breaks upon removal. I would have no issue doing this since the roof skin is not structural.
When you say.. " I would have no issue doing this " are you a consumer or a repair facility employee. ?

in my experience.. glass doesn't " break by itself upon removal.. " glass is BROKEN often times when repair facility employees attempt removal. Whether or not it actually is BROKEN by the shop employees who then say " it broke upon removal" because they were just trying to get it out the fastest way possible.. or... if it was actually broken during a serious attempt to preserve it is pretty much a secret most owners will never know unless the are present and watching the disassembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I think they trying to say the glass structures are different when you replace the roof, notice where it says "Roof is redesign." Or at least that's what I saw..
That's what I noticed as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
You need to remove the glue from the pillars and the windows and then just place them again. You don't need new ones.

Pretty idiotic at BMW mentions that in the document. Let's see what is needed and what the dealer says when I ask for it.

MR
MR did you see the same?

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 06-06-2018 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 3
Poochie9104.50
JTO245276.00
Flying Ace4984.50