View Single Post
      09-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #1118
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Exactly. I was 100% prepared to have to recode everything afterwards for this reason. Instead they try to milk me for $$$ to do same.

Agree. I did use expert mode but it wasnt for anything uncommon.

After the service adviser did their little song and dance, i went over to my sales rep who happened to be on duty and explained to him what was going on...he went and talked to everyone. After a few minutes the sales rep, service advisor and tech came over and reiterated everything they had already said and basically tried to scare the crap out of me re the warranty. And then, out of the goodness of their heart, they offered to return the car to factory state for a discounted cost of $320!

Now, more specifically about bimmercode...the tech said that my battery is likely draining because the coding is faulty...that he sees many cars coded with various codiing softwares and they are all 'faulty' in that things dont get coded properly therefore some modules, systems 'stay awake'. He went on to say that my windows were not behaving properly (the way they drop just a tad when you open your door)...which "is a classic sign of faulty coding"...tbh though, im still confused as to what about my window function is incorrect lol...ive noticed nothing irregular.

the whole experience really pissed me off. It will be the last time i bring my car there. So i will gladly take any suggestions for a good dealer in the GTA...even a service advisor name would be appreciated (you can pm me if u would rather not post it here)
I believe my windows always drop a little when I open the door since the day I got it from the dealer. I mean everyone's does right?
Appreciate 4