08-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #103
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
Called the dealer to explain the situation and they said at the time a different fluid was recommended, lol 🙄. I didn't want to get into it over the phone so maybe in person I'll explain as politely as possible that it was the completely wrong oil used all together and that it's kind of a big deal.

They're gonna replace it for free w the correct fluid and I feel like that's pretty much all I can reasonably ask for seeing as how there's been no issues and it's been 3 years. If there's problems down the road I'll always have the original work order to point to, so that's something I guess.
Well technically they can't make the excuse that SAF-XO was the correct oil back then and here is your best argument, you have a 2017 m2. This means it was post the differential failure stop delivery and recall stage, which means EVERY dealer should have gotten the tsb from bmw outline what oils to use and that is msp/a, they also explained not to use saf-xj + fm and might have talked about saf-xj and it's continued use I can't remember. But I believe I linked that above somewhere.

Your next argument is that SAF-XO is not even meant for lsd's and only for open diffs, and that is printed on the bottle and has been for awhile. There was a tsb on that too extended back to vehicles from 2011, but the date of publication is unknown. So imo unless your dealership doesn't brief every tech on tsb's and the tech doesn't follow ista protocol then this should not have occured.

Yeah hopefully they replace your oil, also try to get them to flush it like described with JustinHEMI's m2.
AndrewC198910931.00