Thread: M2 vs M2C
View Single Post
      06-19-2019, 05:03 PM   #81
620turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have an Z4M roadster (S54) as a fun car. I also had a fully loaded M235I from 2016 as a daily driver.

I looked at M4's but after driving a few was unimpressed and on track where i was able to drive a few different cars, I preferred the M235I hence me buying one.

Logical progression was therefore an M2. I waited for the M2C to come out and was about to order one.

In December 2018 I found a fully specced M2C in hockenheim silver in a UK dealer with delivery mileage at £8K off list. I was over the moon, had everything arranged and I was going to buy this car.

I went to see it and test drove it.

I did not like the seats particularly although they look better than the M2 items I found them not so comfortable. This was not a show stopper though.

Worse was the sound. I found it pretty shocking to be honest and the sound is a big part of the overall experience.

I was also put off by the rear view with the exhaust particulate filter hanging down like a ball sack / set of udders under the rear diffuser.

I also found hockenheim silver pretty underwhelming in the flesh.

I walked from it and found a fully loaded black sapphire M2 LCI (N55).

I am over the moon with it. OK, the power delivery of the S55 is a bit sharper and pulls a bit harder towards the top end but in the real world, on the roads it is marginal. I prefer the seats, it sounds a million times better and it does not have the stupid nut sack.

I concur with the poster who said the older cars are more emotional, especially with NA engines.

The Z4M is a laugh but the M2 is also very good as a smiles per mile daily.
Appreciate 7
D22M21373.50
Ikester192124.00
Fedorov162.00
tranck500.50
AndrewC198910931.00