fusion0389
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2002 View Post
255/275 refers to width of the tire.
Yes and no... The diameter of the tire changes even when the only parameter changed is the width. So yes, 255, 275, refers to the width of the tire, that is understood. However increasing the width of the tire from 245 to 255 or 265 to 275 does increase the overall diameter of the tire. I took a snapshot of the differences between Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The top one is stock tire size and the bottom is one size. As you can see yes the tires are most definitely wider as expected, however overall diameter has also increased along with a change in revs per mile which will throw off your speedometer, odometer, and possibly ESP depending on what parameters the program monitors. If BMW has a way to manually change the revs per mile in the M2's computer, that will ensure the car is operating as it should with the modified tire size. Obviously, the difference is small, I would hope the BMW programming would be forgiving with such a small difference in diameter and smart enough to compensate appropriately.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3