Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: OG F87 M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yup no worries, I recommend also getting the BMS wheel pin tool if you're going to be buying from BMS anyways. It really is a nice thing to have when removing wheels - especially the front ones because they spin without a parking brake to hold the wheel still. This means the wheel can easily fall off of the hub. I would also get 2 wheel pin tools, because one isn't enough to hold the wheel secure, it is enough to allow for easy wheel removal and reinstall but not holding - and I learned that the hard way when my wheel spun and fell off.

Also I'd get a jack pad adapter as the last item. Optional things are the spark plug gapping tool and wheel socket too, then you pretty much have the full set of tools to work on your car.

For mods I'd get the intercooler, charge pipe, and inlet from BMS. That's pretty much it if you want to buy it all at once and save on shipping. But it's completely up to you since you're looking at a ~$20 you might not want to go for hundreds of dollars in mods right away haha.
Thank you again for mentioning other useful tools.

I was able to find a local Australian BMS dealer, they have the oil filter removal/install tools and the wheel hanger pin tool, I'll definitely get 2 since it's cheap. Will check tomorrow to see if they have the BMS wheel socket for BMW ;-)

They also have the ack pad adapter but it's A$46 each, I need to do the math to see if it's worth buying from BMS (ship to friend's place and ask him to forward or bring it back to down under).

NOTE: I haven't replaced stock intercooler yet but I've replaced air intake / boost / charge pipes with FTP motorsport ones when the charge pipe cracked and popped off the throttle body. Will upgrade FMIC if I want to push for more power (not yet).

Thanks again for sharing your experience and knowledge, really appreciate it. I've been educated well recently ;-)