View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #18
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I am in the same situation - I am looking at different options because my F80 lease is up in a few months...I was pretty sure I was going to get the M2C but wasn't blown away by a recent test drive.

The F80 is certainly good at this type of driving, but I wouldn't say that it's a specific attribute that I considered. I would think the F type would be better at this sort of thing? More of a great sounding, sporty GT car rather than a true sports car.

One of my neighbors just got an F type R and I have been staring at it nonstop for a couple of weeks. I hadn't really considered it before, but I think I might try and drive one soon. The looks and sound are awesome...
i have a og m2 and my buddy has the base v6 f type. In the canyons my cars faster in the straights and twisties and overall more agile.

the F type has more presence on the road and he gets more compliaments...and get more people that tell him they wish they can afford his car some day type of statements.

most people cant tell the difference between the $120k v8 f type and the $65k v6 f type. Most people that come up to him think his base is a $120k car.

but i would say the one to get is f type v6 S in manual.

not that important but there some huge panel gaps on the f type..it's something you cant unsee if your use to the tight assembly of a BMW, mercedes or audi.
Appreciate 3
dmboone254972.00
Moflow2484.50
VisualEcho6638.00