View Single Post
      08-08-2019, 04:11 PM   #13
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

I mean no offence when I say this, because I'm sure the coding of the boost gauge UI took some effort, but the really huge thing I'm seeing here is that you have an app either running natively, or screen sharing to the iDrive!

I run a BM3 tune, and currently use the dashboard app on my phone to monitor many aspects of engine health, and it's already customisable to an extent. The big issue is that it runs on my phone, and I'd rather it be shown on the iDrive screen like yours does.

I'd therefore like to ask the following:
  • Are you screen sharing, and the app running somewhere else? If yes, how is this part of your solution working?
  • Would you consider working with BM3 to take the data from their OBD Agent (available over WiFi in the car) for the hundreds of other parameters available to be shown / charted?
  • Are you using the OBD port for your data feed, or a separate boost gauge connected physically to the engine? If you're using OBD, are you using the CAN bus for data, or the much faster and more flexible E-Net approach like BM3?

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0