Nasinu
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasinu View Post
The same thing just happened to my 2020 M2C. So bummed out right now! I've only had the car for 10 months and took it out of winter storage for its first spring drive and boom. Ugh!

The car is still under warranty... Would you recommend BMW fix it with OEM parts or pony up for an upgrade? If the latter which option would you choose and why?
UPDATE: BMW said that they found the shift rod was completely snapped/sheered off from the gear shift lever. The dealer asked $1024 to repair, stating that it looked like it was customer neglect. When I questioned this my rep said he petitioned BMW-NA. Approx. 24 hours later BMW indicated that they will cover the repair because they couldn't determine or say definitely that it wasn't due to manufacturer part failure.

The parts needed aren't in the US and have been shipped from Germany, so I'm still waiting for my M2C. They said I should have it back by the end of this week.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I've babied this car and can't imagine how this would have happened.

Last edited by Nasinu; 03-29-2022 at 11:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
chris7197378.50