Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vojta89 View Post
Hello guys, on the market just landed new solution for brake cooling on M2 Competition. From my point of view the best I could see so far. They don't have an eshop right now (during september will be launched), but you can contact them on Instagram or via their websites www.speedengineering.de
I had this thought originally but did not pursue it as it has some drawbacks.

1) it impacts the front wheel/tire width on an already tight package.

2) the kinks will lead to pressure drops and thus less air flowed to the brakes.

3) you "remove" a source of air in the wheel well instead of adding to it (ie OEM duct + more ducting).

4) the design repeatedly loads the 3D printed part in bending across the printed layers. This is a recepie for snapping the printed part. This cannot be avoided with this design as the hose is too short and stiff to stretch and not pull on the duct.

Edit the price is good but there is no data which would be as easy to collect as buying some temp strips and doing some hard braking…
Where did you see a price?
I couldn't find the products in their site.
I just checked and the shop is now empty. Maybe they trialed something that was not yet meant to be live?

In any case it was a very sharp price for a full kit. To the point where the profit margin seemed like it would be a little low.

I won't mention the price as it may not be the final price and I don't want to spoil their business.