Thread: M2 vs. E92 M3
View Single Post
      01-12-2023, 01:55 PM   #47
Gotfuel
Private
Rep
Drives: Trek Madone

I find this thread of M2 vs…, absolutely fantastic. This plays through my head 2-3 times a week every night before I fall to sleep. For me, I don’t need a daily. The company I work for is WFH, and will be for the foreseeable future. All my customers are out of state, and I’m asked to get a rental when I travel. My car needs to handle 4-5 HPDE/DE a summer the first year I own it, then 2 more the next, and so on (budget driven, 2 kids in college). I’m currently a group C solo driver in the regional PCA. I hope to get to B by end of summer. It also has to be a weekend date car for my wife and I, and I’ve had a crap day I’m gonna go thrash it on some really great back roads. I was pretty much set on an m2c, (OGs are just too close in cost to an m2c, plus my wife has a 14 335i sport that is great, but I don’t wanna essentially have a arguably similar car interior and n55 wise). With m2c still sitting around 55k and dropping, I’m wondering now, with my requirements, if I shouldn’t go for a well set up e92 stripper, or if you could find one, a reasonable e46m3 for 30ish.
Appreciate 0