J4YSEPHINE
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbym View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4YSEPHINE View Post
Hey Ladies and Gents,

So I've had my M2 LCI in LBB for almost a month now, since switching from an RS3 which is my mum's 'hand-me-down' I'm absolutely loving the change, despite the similarities in power, its more fun to drive...

Mod wise, I've been a little timid and sticking to more cosmetics over power increases though I have looked at dropping the height with some Eibach's, insurance increase is only a tenner more so maybe a 2021 project, currently I changed the chrome front grills to gloss black which I feel should have been the way it should have come from the factory, also swapped the side fenders for the carbon look for a more aggressive look up close.

I did get one of these Road Angel Pure detectors this week, got a deal for £150 including a years subscription, hoping to keep my licence clean for the foreseable future lol

PS - Excuse the poor photo quality
Welcome! Seems that quite a few people going from RS3 to M2 having the same sentiment. The ole RWD vs AWD dynamics still holds true.

Not from the UK so excuse my ignorance, did I read that right? Your insurance increases if you put on springs?
Our insurance companies here in the UK have such a strict policy and factors, so anything for example that increases the chances of an accident such as by making more powerful or more desirable to theft, your premium goes up, I'm guessing the factor with lowering suspension means the car handles slightly better which means a driver might push the car harder and faster therefore more risk... I know things such as updating the ECU tends to raise the premium by the performance increase, so a 10% increase in BHP raises your insurance premium by the same percentage, strangely I was considering a dash cam and that slightly lowers the insurance, guess that is similar to a tracking device...

Where are you based mate ?
Appreciate 0