Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsaneM View Post
Both the AA single and equal length mid pipes eliminate the center silencer and the secondary cats. I have the AA single mid pipe mated with the Remus race exhaust and I love the sound of this combo, no drone whatsoever with the flaps open and closed (although I'm driving with the flaps open 95% of the time except when I'm leaving the neighborhood). I would say if you mate either of them with the stock exhaust you will get about 10 to 20 percent increase in volume.
I really appreciate the feedback.
The "right " sound is really subjective. It is great that InsaneM found a setup that he loves. For me, I took a drive in a friend's M2C with the same AA single and Remus Race (stock DP) and it was much too loud. I dislike pretty much everything about my stock exhaust, but this was too much for my M2C as a DD. Others have told me I would like the Remus Sport, but it is hard to commit to a purchase based on internet sound clips - I thought I was going to like the race version.
I agree, I recommend hearing it in person before pulling the trigger on an exhaust setup since everyone's tolerance is different. When first watched tbe Remus Race with AA single clips inline it didn't sound obnoxiously loud to me so I went ahead and ordered it. It was a totally different animal in person. I could only live with it for a week. Then I switched to Remus Sport with stock mid. The tone was good but it was barely any louder than stock unfortunately. Months later I decided to add the AA single back again to pair with the Remus Sport. It was just the perfect combination for me in terms of both the tone and volume. Not sure how much my word would help you without hearing it in person but it's definitely nowhere near as loud as the Race + AA single combo. If I still had my car, I would have also liked to try AA resonated equal length with Remus Sport.
Appreciate 0