View Single Post
      10-08-2020, 03:42 PM   #11
mr_lab_rat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2018 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
I suppose if you regularly switch between modes, the variation in throttle sensitivity can make it a bit annoying.

But the car is just as responsive and just as powerful in every different mode, provided your right foot provides the right amount of input. Sport+ "feels" more responsive but in reality, you can get just as much response out of the car by simply pressing harder on the throttle.

So rather than spending money to recalibrate my throttle, I've just allowed my brain to recalibrate by getting used to it. I see no disadvantage in performance at all.

Comfort and traction actually have a very linear throttle response. The other modes have a negative exponential response where almost everything happens in the first half of the pedal travel and the remainder does very little. I prefer the extra finesse available at part throttle but as always, YMMV.

If any of you have any experience flying RC aircraft and programming "expo" on your transmitter, you will know exactly what I am talking about.
Yeah, I get your point and I do understand how the mapping curves work. But in my case I'm completely missing a mode for track driving - sport throttle, sport cooling, MDM. And I find it really annoying trying to shift smoothly when the throttle pedal does different thing in each mode.
Appreciate 0