12-29-2019, 03:36 AM   #412
widetyres
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I hate when people just bring up random brands, and just act like ‘Blank is names brand, it has to be good’

There was a thread where someone had the full do88 coolers - oil and intercooler. They still got the engine too hot, and the car started to pull power.

FTP hot and cold line pipes aren’t better than the stock parts, when is the last time anyone mentioned they failed?

The FTP inlet is the same size as stock, a true upgrade and power adder.

Just assuming because it’s a X brand doesn’t guarantee anything is actually good
do88 aren't a random brand - they have been established in Europe for some time, but have only more recently turned their attention to the BMW marque.

The quality of the intercooler they sent to me was really excellent.

Not sure if it is the same person you are referring to, but there was a guy that had higher coolant temps after fitting do88 parts, but that was later confirmed to be a bleeding issue - once re-bled, temps were good (in track conditions):
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=333

Agree that the FTP inlet probably isn't worth it, compared to Pure's (which I plan to fit at some point). Can't comment on the FTP cp and boost pipes, but any CP is better than the stock item to avoid a blow out.
Appreciate 0