View Single Post
      03-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #287
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
No, I’m absolutely in grasp of what is going on here - I know of the thread on the Comparison test, and my understanding (from what I heard) was the test was carried out by Wagner, so there were some questions on how unbiased the results are.

But let’s just be real here - there are plenty of things you can do to help with the throttle response and lag, nameley a turbo inlet. Most of us aren’t racecar drivers, and the small differences in ‘turbo lag’ and weight aren’t going to be perceptible to most of us, however I think we all can appreciate a products that allows our cars to operate at their maximum level longer - and be more consistent.
I already have an inlet, I’ve done 40+ track days in my car, and do endurance races in other BMWs with BMW PC instructors and pros that run in World Challenge, so we can see which side I fall on regarding perceiving things.

Another example, I’m running the Dinan turbo bc there’s no lag. Are there bigger turbos that give more power. Sure, but then I have to deal with lag and the additional power from the other turbos isn’t going to impact road track times that much bc fueling, cooling, and traction become more important variables.

Bottom line, there are different answers to this question, and it’s the reason Mike started the thread in the first place.
Appreciate 0