12-13-2018, 06:38 AM   #170
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosD View Post
i Don't think the pricing is that bad especially @ $569.00 .You pay for what you get, its a 6" cooler.
go look at the pricing of AFE,Wagner,Dinan and ER they all way more expensive, CSF is a premium brand they could have easily charged 900 dollars for the product (like Mishimoto has after the presale special is over, that even with the discount is more expensive)
Yeah I get that and I 100% respect CSF, but what I'm more interested in is the performance/$.

I've heard (don't quote me on this) that the other intercoolers you listed above were inferior at keeping iats stable compared to the vrsf and CSF but lack of head to head conparision of intercoolers on the same car and day limit us on data. Also remember dinan offers a factory replacement warranty as well, but their dual split core design from what I've heard blocks alot of air flow to the radiator.

I normally always advocate for spending the money to get the better quality part and never cheaping out. But in this case I'm not willing to go all out on a part i treat as a consumable due to frequent damage and replacement. So on this situation I would go with the best performance/$ to best match track performance to my budget for replacement. If I lived in a sunny climate where they don't put gravel know the road then you can sure bet I would go all out and buy the best one possible, but it's not a financially smart move for me imo. Especially if a cheaper IC performs as good or a few degrees worse. Guess we will have to see from the data.

Sooner or later my m2 will be my dedicated track car and then I'll go all out, but untill then I still enjoy driving it on the street (not My DD).
Appreciate 0