12-13-2018, 02:14 AM   #165
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF Cooling View Post
This "competition" has degraded to the point that there is a lot of mis information.. So we'll just let it be what it is..
Somehow Tiago thinks we're sourcing an intercooler from some other factory than our own. If you can check import logs, please check the over 450 containers, and over 500,000 parts that came from CSF factories... It's a family business, privately owned factories or joint ventures (due to local laws) and we've sold over 35 million coolers worldwide.. We're operating on a different level than you, it's just simply the facts.

In regards to the CSF intercooler versus others on the market.
There is still only 1 intercooler for the N55 platform worldwide that has TUV approval in Germany. That is CSF's. I believe even Wagner, a German company does not have this certification. This certification is the highest for aftermarket parts in the world. Means that it meets or exceeds performance, durability, and reliability standards to the OEM part.

- We've had to invest significant money into getting this certification, and the engineering / R&D of a motorsport part is not cheap. Hence, you get what you pay for.. You may be paying a little bit more for a CSF intercooler, but you're also getting a part made by a Tier-1 OEM supplier To some people this is worth the higher price.

CSF's n55 intercoolers come with a protective powder-coating that can also withstand salt corrosion.
All CSF products are tested in house on the following machines: wind-tunnel, vibration, salt spray, thermal cycle and burst pressure..

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the product, and also refer to videos, logs, and race results from teams and drivers that are independently published online.
That's good to hear, but I'm not concerned about the salt since I don't drive it in the winter. The concern comes in the summer where there is left over gravel even after the salt has been long washed away by rain fall, and it's these little pebbles that damage the intercooler fins and results in frequent replacement.

The important question is if the gain is significant enough that it justifies the higher cost. Because at the end of the day if it's only a few degrees of difference that's not worth it in my books. That couple hundred dollars over time with intercooler replacements could be invested in a water injection kit that'll make a larger impact on iats. However if the temperature difference is >10°C that's really significant in my books and will justify the price delta.

That TUV standard is an Excellent achievement so I applaud you on that, but a lifetime warranty should help negate that if build quality was a concern.

- I love CSF don't get me wrong, I love your radiators and your oil coolers, but I'm not rich so I'd like to be able to utilize every dollar I have to the best of it's buying ability, instead of wasting it. As you know tracking a car properly with track insurance and everything is really expensive.
Appreciate 0