View Single Post
      01-02-2021, 07:38 PM   #66
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM2 View Post
I love my 2018 M2 but the crooked seat is driving me crazy.
Most don't notice this because the brain ignores it. Don't go OCD about it.

Same as how the human brain filters out seeing your own nose when looking with both eyes.
"Why can't I see my nose ?
It’s one of your most prominent physical features, right there in the center of your face. But despite it being so obvious to everyone who looks at you, why can’t you see your own nose?
Put simply, you don’t see your nose because your brain ignores it. While your nose is always in your field of vision, your brain filters it out because it’s not information you need to function on a day-to-day basis.
Your brain filters out your nose in a few ways: One, your nose blocks part of the visual field of both your eyes, so when your brain receives the information your eyes are transmitting, it constructs a whole image from the unblocked information from both eyes. Two, your nose is in your peripheral vision, so you don’t notice it as much. Three, it’s so close to your eyes that it’s out of focus, because you’re focusing on things that are farther away.
As it turns out, your brain filters out a lot of visual information, not just your nose. If it didn’t, you would be overwhelmed with so much sensory input that you wouldn’t be able to function. This is, for example, why people who wear glasses don’t usually notice them.
Now, that doesn’t mean you can never see your nose. In fact, you can see it right now. Close one eye, then the other. You’ll be able to see your nose on the side of your eye. But when you open your eyes again, it disappears."

(source: for example here)