View Single Post
      07-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #65
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by james33 View Post
BMW isn't about color - most people want white, gray, silver, or black. Or shades of those colors. My dealership has 1 orange car, no green, and maybe a blue or 2, and I don't even think they have anything red. Everything else is white, gray, silver, or black. That said, I'd guess that SO is a rare color across ALL BMW's even though it is available on multiple models. I too would love more color choices but we don't have them. LBB I love, but it's the most common color on the M2 and it is available on other models as well. At least SO is new to the M2 and should be the rarest on the car.

And as my wife reminds me every time I bring it up, I already have a blue car. LOL!
We're probably getting SO as it's going to be my wife's car, and she isn't the least bit interested in anything silver or black. LBB is the other choice, but after owning our E39 M5 for 15 years in LeMans Blue, [opinion on] LBB isn't even close to being a "real" blue [/opinion off]. We still have a bit of time to decide with 2nd next allocation spot. Other than color, we know it will be 6MT and slicktop, exec pkg.

When we went to look at SO at our local dealer, looking out over their back lot there were probably 60-70 BMWs of all models, and it was a sea of bland (mostly black, gray, silver, and derivatives) with one Melbourne Red and one Sunset Orange car standing out dramatically. They've recently acquired a 230i in Estoril Blue which looks fantastic too. Too bad that isn't a choice also in the M2C.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0