View Single Post
      04-16-2018, 12:32 PM   #44
TampaF87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheerlx View Post
The problem is knowing what's a normal noise from an abnormal noise for those of us who haven't driven track-purposed cars all their lives. I'd argue actually that the M3/4 aren't really track purposed sports cars. More like track capable daily drivers.
I totally understand that, and it's legitimate to be concerned or to be uneasy about noises you are unfamiliar with.

But to stamp your feat and declare that you'll never buy another M car and criticize the manufacturer for somehow pulling the veil over your eyes, I think is reminiscent of a temper tantrum. I can appreciate that everyone is entitled to their own view, but I find it hard to be believe that it could be that serious. If it was that big of a deal, wouldn't it behoove you to do more research before dropping ~60k?

My M2 has done it since day one, so it's not something that eventually developed. I honestly don't know how more people haven't noticed this. I can appreciate that driving with clunks and bangs can be undesirable for many. I just don't think it's worthy of the dissent against BMW assuming its a flaw.

Edit: this was in reference to the M2, not the M3/M4. Less of virtually every creature comfort than the M3/M4. No doubt the M2 is the least refined M car in the lineup, and one geared more to enthusiasts.

Last edited by TampaF87; 04-16-2018 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0