04-13-2015, 04:04 PM   #588
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_petko View Post
I'm of the opinion that if I can't pay cash for it, I can't afford it.

I wouldn't allow myself to wear a copy simply due to the fact that I believe if I/someone truly wants something - I/they will save dollars and cents to get it. It doesn't matter if it's in 2 or 10 years time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I meant no offense, but we all know American love to finance everything! It's all about the monthlies baby!
Everyone makes discretionary spending choices as befits their own tastes and circumstances. Americans are not by a long shot the only nationality of humans who use credit to pay for things.
It's also worth noting that the extent to which consumers in various countries often enough has to do with factors other than whether one can afford to pay cash or not.

I think generalizing about how Americans feel toward credit is a fool's proposition. Citing specific, observable fact-patterns or (reasonably) credible statistics about how Americans use credit is a considerably sounder rhetorical approach to making one's point.

Particularly in the realm of short term investing, credit provides one with the leverage needed to boost the rate of return realized on one's actual cash invested, thereby making one's money grow faster. Affording (or not) it, or loving or hating credit, has nothing to do with whether one buys on margin.

If there's anything Americans like, it's the freedom and flexibility to choose the best means (for them as individuals) of financing their purchases.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0