04-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #578
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I really depends what your expectation is. The cheap ones might have the same design but do not have high beat Swiss movements. That's where the costs come in. Most are some cheap 21J movement inside. The genuine ETA movement itself is over $200, they aren't going to stick that in a watch and sell it at a loss. Even a copied ETA 2836-2 is over $100 for a new movement. Also, those costing close to $1000, those would contain a tourbillion movement.. the movement is why it costs so much. Even a Chinese tourbillion is hard to make due to the complexity. The customization to make it look like the the tourbillion from a certain brand makes it extra difficult. Also, replicas with working moon phases and other complications are hard to produce. Those fakes do exist as well but command a high premium for those interested.

Please provide one or more links or physical addresses to the sellers of high quality fakes that retail for $500 - $1K. I am very curious to see what they are offering.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0