View Single Post
      04-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #573
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

This question and thread is as subjective as asking: "cream or sugar - mustard or mayo - clean or shaven". I mean honestly... Who truly gives a shit? If my brother, cousin, friend, neighbor or business associate decided to buy a rep, would I call him out or even ask why? Fok no! That is THEIR ca$h and choice. If it's good enough for them, then who am I to judge? Or you for that matter...
Now then, at some point in our history, watches were actually used for telling time! That was probably a good 40-50yrs ago. Well before our time. Nowadays, watches are no more than "glorified accessories". Before you go all sensitive and irate just because YOU decided to drop all that bread on a watch, I am NOT defending either side! Hell, if you want to spend $10, 15, 20k on a watch and can, more power to you. I can dig it! BUT, on the flip side, if you can't or even can and choose NOT to, I can also dig it!
Now how would I choose to spend my own bread you may ask? On neither! Although I can certainly appreciate a fine timepiece (especially Automatic), I refuse to exceed a certain $ amount on ANY watch. I don't care if it can tell time on Jupiter or fly itself onto my wrist when I hop out the shower. It's just not my thing. Sure I can afford one or two. But nah, pass. On that same token, I choose not to buy a rep either. Mostly because I'm not a fan of the styles of these high $$$ brands. So no need for me to front either.
Very rarely do I even look at my watch to get the time when my cell phones are always in hand or nearby. But I do like watches as accessories! And own quite a few that I like and fit my style (key words). So at the end of the day, you gotta "Do You". And if others opinions matter that much to you... Well that's a whole other concern.