08-13-2015, 04:33 PM   #49
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYAWE60 View Post
Because it would undoubtedly eat into M3/M4 sales. The M4 has a starting price of $65K in the US, offering an M2 with "detuned" motor for almost $15K less would not work in BMW's favor monetarily. The 1M used an N54, no one complained, I suspect it will be similar with the M2.
not so fast my friend.. .. many complained...... and whined... just like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
N55 engine? Has that definitely been confirmed? If so, that's a deal breaker for me. I don't understand why they can't use a de-tuned S55?
except for the 1M it was...

N54 engine? Has that definitely been confirmed? If so, that's a deal breaker for me. I don't understand why they can't use a detuned S65!!

and also lots of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
The 1M was a one off car and the S55 wasn't in production. I understand what you're saying, but to me it's about buying the best of what the new engine technology and advances have been. The S55 is a pretty amazing engine and is completely new using better engine design vs. the N54/N55. I don't think it will hurt the M3/M4 sales as there is a different buyer of a 2 series vs. a 3/4 series.
Except for the 1M it went...

This is a one off car and the N55 is coming... isn't that the better motor? Why can't BMW make it SPECIAL and bring back the S54....that was the BEST MOTOR EVER... why don't they use that? or.. wait.. The S65 is still in production..... I don't think it will hurt the M3 sales as there is a different buyer of a 1 series vs. a 3 series.

And of course the old and tired..

I'm not gonna get an M2.. it's just an M235 with a body kit and a tune..

it was..

I'm not gonna get a 1M.. it's just a 135 with a body kit and a tune..

Apparently... MANY BMW fans are DOOMED to repeat the same mistakes... Doesn't say much for the intelligence of the average bimmer fan..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 08-13-2015 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 1