Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Chris Harris' thoughts on selling his F87 M2 CS after G87 M2 announced

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
In the August Top Gear magazine Chris Harris has an interesting article on why he got his M2 CS and the possibility that a new RWD M2 manual may be better.

He raises some interesting points.
"The reasons why people bought the car were, I think, as follows. Many people thought it sounded like a return to a classic BMW recipe of compact dimensions and good power – in other words it was a car they would drive. Others merely saw it as an investment and were much more interested in how many were being built. The one thing both groups had in common was their buying decision was supported by a hunch that the F87 M2 CS was the last of its type. This is the crux of people's indecision around whether to buy or sell. In the case of the M2, BMW has just teased a new M2, which will be 2WD and available as a manual. Both are attributes we didn't necessarily think would be available on the new car. The 'not to be repeated' comfort blanket has just been ripped from under us. Like everyone else, I'm now thinking, "Ah, there will be another [G87] M2 CS and it will be faster and better – and my car will be worth zilch".
Apple news article attached: https://apple.news/AM5CjVeE9QS-1toXLwJE8dQ

Interestingly - I bought it for the first reason plus I loved the OG M2 design and CS embellishments and the fact it was the first gen M2. The last point can't be repeated in the G87, and the second is very subjective - though it's fair to say the F87 design was generally loved by most - again something that can't be taken for granted as improving in the G87.

If you had to choose, and a new M2 C or CS RWD manual emerged that somehow drives better than the F87 CS - would you flip your existing car for it?
Appreciate 3
F87EVO4033.00