12-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #110
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
I'm guessing you're being a little cheeky there when you ask why was there more fuel required

Just wanted to point out that Ferrari drained the tank after the race and showed that they had the same amount left in the tank as the amount they overfilled with before the race. Effectively, they were carrying dead weight during the race.

Even if they had used the extra fuel, they would have been caught by the FIA mandated fuel flow sensors. So unless they have some sort of setup to circumvent that, then this was truly an miscommunication error that led to this mistake.

I know Ferrari had been accused of having such a system implemented in the past (around Monaco last year IIRC), but an FIA investigation deemed everything was legal. If memory serves correct, the FIA had Ferrari install a second fuel flow sensor to be sure the original one wasnt being bypassed or tricked.
Yeah I know . As for the 2020 FIA regulations , all the teams are obliged to have a second fuel flow sensor .
By this the FIA can read and store the data regarding the fuel flow and consumption during the race , ect...
As for this season , I'm pretty sure there was a lot of cheating by several teams..Too much ups and downs regarding the race pace

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
apexit41230.50