04-11-2020, 02:34 PM   #13
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman99 View Post
V1. There's just no comparison.

As far as updates go, there's almost nothing that would be required. The only updates are occasional new features. I've used them for over 20 years and probably updated twice over that entire time. They don't come with gimmick features that would necessitate updates...
The original V1 was no doubt the gold standard for many years and to date is still my all-time favorite

However, other radar detector companies have made significant improvements in the past few years including copying the V1's radar locator but also in range, reducing false alerts, adding bluetooth/wifi/GPS/etc

I still have my V1 Gen 1 but am in the market for a replacement

The new V1 Gen 2 is high on my list given my affinity for the first Gen (although I wish they had been able to keep the power/volume/mute knob as it was one of my favorite features of the original)

Some of the new V1 Gen 2 units appear to be having a few bugs and reliability issues although I suppose a certain degree of that is to be expected with a completely new design and most updates should now be a lot easier to install without having to send the unit back to Valentine

In any case I'm trying to hold out on buying a new detector until the hopefully upcoming Radenso Theia is released

I think it has the potential to be a game changer
Appreciate 0